Cycling, hiking, triathlon, marathon, altitude training – or a relaxing break in the Pyrenees:
Welcome to Green Bike Pyrenees, a B&B in the idyllic Vallée d’Ossau south of Pau in the Pyrénées Atlantique. We are an Anglo-French family; lovers of cycling, walking, triathlon and the great outdoors. Why here? The South West of France has totally seduced us via the majesty of the mountains and quiet cycling roads and cols. We love sharing this spectacular area with other people and particularly those with similar passions about nature and sport.Take a peek at the video on the right; we hope it inspires you as much as it inspires us. If so, we would love you to stay and we hope we will hear from you shortly.
Our B&B has been established for a good number of years now and in that time we have met many wonderful people; life here is never dull! First and foremost, we want your stay with us to be enjoyable. Whether you are training for the season or on a relaxing break escaping the rat-race, our goal is to provide you with the ideal home for your stay. We know the area very well so we can guide, advise and help you to get the most out of your stay.Plus – we have all the technical support you could need, whether you are touring, training or relaxing.
On our doorstep:
- We are located in Louvie-Juzon, at the foot of the famous cols of the Tour de France (Marie Blanque, Aubisque, Soulor) and others such as La Pierre St Martin and the neck of Pourtalet
- Many hiking trails are close by, such as the GR10 or the chemin du Piemont Pyrénéen.
- The beauty of the Pyrénées Atlantique countryside is possibly the best in France.
- 25km south of Pau and it’s airport (about 30 minutes)
- 26km to Gourette and Artouste ski slopes
- 25km to National Parc of Pyrénées
- 40km to Lourdes
- 50km to Spain (province d’Aragon)
- 130km to Biarritz
Whether you are on your own, a couple, a family or a group of friends, we look forward to meeting you. And don’t think we only cater for sporty people; there is a wealth of activities in the valley including wine tasting in Jurançon. +++
Green Bike Pyrenees. Our own B&B in Louvie-Juzon in the Vallée d’Ossau, Pyrénées Altantique. Ready and waiting to meet you.
Why stay with us:
- location; the right place for the important cols on the Tour de France
- Support; we have the experience and knowledge to help you get the best out of your stay
- Information; we’ve been here a good while and know all the best routes – whatever your sport
- Friendly; We love this area, we love the outdoors and sport; we want to share this and you will definitely get friendly welcome together with as much – or as little – help, support and advice as you want.
- Guides; area books, hiking, biking and triathlon books and magazines,
Who we are:
Nick; a triathlete since his 20’s has competed in four Iron Man, run numerous marathons and local triathlons. He is a qualified coach (level2) of the British Triathlon Federation, First Aid and Life Guard. Within his triathlete activity he has trained the juniors of Thames Valley Triathlon in England.
Tom; our son is also a triathlete and is physiotherapist.
Mireille; ex 800 runner now converted to cycling and loving every minute.
In the area
- Multiple activities such as visits to castles (Henri IV and Jeanne d’Albret),
- Local gastronomy based on foie gras and duck breast, visits to the cellars of Jurançon or Madiran
- Relaxation days at Spa Montagne in Laruns, donkey rides, visits of local craftsmen
- There are also all local markets with regional products (Louvie-Juzon, Naye, Oloron-Ste-Marie, Laruns) or Spain with these tiendas at the border of Pourtalet.
Music Festival: 41st International Musical Estive of Louvie Juzon
Booking on 05 59 05 88 50 or on 07 89 56 55 77
Concerts start at 9 p.m. You are invited to arrive at 8.30 p.m.
29 Juillet 2021: Organ – Eric Lebrun and Marie-Ange Leurent
D; Buxtehude, Jean-Sebastien Bach, Haendel 2 and 4 hands
11 Août 2021: Piano – Ienisseï Ramic
Brahms, Sonate n°3, 7 fantaisies, Wagner-Liszt, Opening of Tannhäuser.
24 Août 2021: Mix Choral from the philharmonique society of Saint-Petersbourg
14 singers. Dir. Yulia Khutoretskaya. Sacred Russian lyrics.
Institut Spa Montagne in Laruns
Treatments based on mountain plants
From Tuesday to Friday all day. Open Saturday afternoon.
Whatever the reason you have chosen to stay with us, it’s always great to get away from the routines of everyday life. Whether you are here to relax, explore the region, hiking, cycling, skiing… take the time to experience a moment of pure well-being and relaxation for the mind and the body. Various massages are available, some of which are duo.
Other Fitness options are also available.
Ancestral tradition still maintained in the heart of the Vallée d’Ossau
The transhumance is planned each year beginning of July.
The Transhumance is a seasonal movement of people with their livestock between fixed summer and winter pastures.
Other recommendations for local activities:
Espace natural du Lac de Castet,
La Falaise aux Vautours,
Le Petit train d’Artouste,
Les Grottes de Bétharram,
Les Caves de Jurançon
For any additional tourist information, the closest Tourism offices are Arudy and Laruns.
Arudy Tourism Office : 05 59 05 77 11
Laruns/Artouste Tourism Office : 05 59 05 31 41
Pau Pyrénées Tourism Office : 05 59 27 27 08
Please check out our partners. Between them they provide a wealth of quality information, recommendations, services and experiences